It’s no question that we are living in the golden age of technological development. In the past couple of decades, we’ve started relying on tiny computers in our pockets to communicate and perform dozens of simultaneous communication functions. If smartphones were one of the major tech developments of the 2000s, the next would be the development of smart homes and smart home automation. This blog discusses 7 advantages of smart home automation and why you should consider integrating it into your residence.
What Is Smart Home Automation?
Smart home automation allows you to tap into new high-tech functionality and luxury. Smart home technology refers to a set of electronic devices, appliances, or systems connected to a common network that can be independently and remotely controlled. You can control your home’s thermostat, lights, speakers, TVs, security cameras, locks, and more from a smartphone or mobile touchscreen device because they are connected to one network. As technology development continues to expand, so will the possibilities for home automation to make life easier and more enjoyable.
The Big Advantages
There are some amazing practical advantages to smart home automation. Here are a few examples:
1. Managing all of your home devices from one place. Conveniently keeping all the technology in your home connected through one interface is a massive step forward for technology and home management. Now it’s easier to access functionality for your home. All you have to do is learn to use one app on your smartphone or tablet, and you’ll be able to tap into countless functions on countless devices throughout your home.
2. Flexibility for new devices and appliances. Smart home systems are extremely flexible to accommodate new devices and appliances. You’ll add to your suite of devices as you replace the older ones or discover new technology for your indoor and outdoor spaces. Integrating these new devices without a hitch will make your job as a homeowner much easier and allow you to keep upgrading to the latest technology.
3. Maximizing home security. When you incorporate security and surveillance features into your smart home network, your home security will skyrocket. Home automation systems can connect motion detectors, surveillance cameras, automated door locks, and other tangible security measures throughout your home so you can activate them from one mobile device. You can also receive security alerts on your devices to monitor activities in real time when you’re in your home or halfway around the globe.
4. Remote control of your home’s functions. With smart home automation, you can control your home’s functions from a distance. You can cool your house down on a scorching day before you get home from work. If you’re in a hurry to get dinner started but are still at the store, you can have your oven start to preheat while you’re on your way home. You can even check if you left the lights on, who is at your front door, or if you turned off your electronics while you’re away.
5. Increased energy efficiency. You can make your space more energy-efficient depending on how you use your smart-home technology. You’ll have more precise control over the heating and cooling of your home with a smart programmable thermostat that learns your schedule and temperature preferences. Your thermostat can also suggest the best energy-efficient settings throughout the day. You can also program your lights and motorized shades to switch to evening mode when the sun sets, or turn your lights on and off automatically when you enter or leave the room, so you don’t have to worry about wasting energy.
6. Improved appliance functionality. Smart homes can also help you run your appliances better. Connecting your appliances and other systems with automation technology can improve the effectiveness of your appliances and make your home life much easier. A smart TV helps you easily locate your favorite channels, streaming services, and programming. A smart oven can assist you with cooking your food to perfection without having to worry about overcooking or undercooking it.
7. Home management insights. There’s also something to be said for your ability to tap into insights into how your home operates. You can monitor how often you watch TV, what kind of meals you cook in your oven, the type of foods you keep in your refrigerator, and your energy consumption habits over time. You can analyze your daily habits and behaviors from these insights to adjust and live your desired lifestyle.
The Eighth Advantage
There’s another advantage to smart homes, but it deserves to be separate from the above list. The eighth advantage is how smart home technology will continue developing in the coming years. The sheer amount of consumer interest generated by smart home technology means the world’s biggest tech companies have entered a race to outdo one another. That means bigger, better smart home tech is constantly being developed to match our digital needs.
Home automation is exciting, and it’s worth seeing for yourself what it can do for you. If you’re interested in learning more about how to upgrade your home or what smart home technology can do for you, your family, or your business, be sure to reach out to us for a free consultation. Give us a call at (855) 729-4407, or click here to request a FREE quote!